June 18, 2012
Extreme Networks, Inc. (Nasdaq: EXTR) today announced further expansion of its
Intelligent Mobile Edge (IME)
campus solution. The Company is making mobility more affordable with a new line of 802.11n wireless LAN access points complementing its sophisticated identity management, ease of user and device onboarding, and Smart RF® for automated site deployment of wireless LANs. The solution is supported by
®, a single modular software platform supporting all edge and core network switches.
Extreme Networks® new solution helps mobilize businesses and schools with a combination of hardware and software intelligence easing the burden of the BYOD movement. Extreme Networks IME is available with expanded offerings to help enterprises respond to the proliferation of devices and wireless services across campus networks. Enterprises require expanded choices and more affordable solutions to deploy next-generation 802.11n wireless technology without compromising mobility features and performance.
The key benefits of Extreme Networks IME include a converged data plane based on the Motorola WiNG 5 architecture. The system can increase the performance of wireless services compared to traditional hub and spoke WLAN systems by removing traditional bottlenecks. Extreme Networks smart identity management brings user, device and location awareness to network administrators, so that mobile users are tracked and accounted for without manual intervention.
Extreme Networks new wireless APs serve to lower the cost of deploying wireless networks and meet the growing demands of increased wireless traffic with intelligence and independence. The SmartRF system for APs helps ensure uninterrupted user access by dynamically sensing weak of failing signals, securely moving users to alternate APs and automatically boosting signal power to fill in coverage gaps.
- Altitude™ 4021 - A single radio dependent access point that delivers 802.11n performance at a lower cost, allowing enterprises to decrease the expense of deploying and operating a secure, reliable 802.11n wireless LAN (WLAN) in branch offices or headquarters facilities. The Altitude 4021 has a US list price of $274.
- Altitude 4521 - The versatile, independent AP 4521 access point is designed to lower the cost of deploying and operating a secure, reliable 802.11n wireless LAN (WLAN). It enables controller-less operations at small to medium sites by serving as a virtual controller and coordinating the operation of up to 24 neighboring access points for mobility and QoS services. The Altitude 4521 has a US list price of $422.00.
- Altitude 4532 - A dual radio, performance-focused independent access point targeted at the need for medium density deployments. Customers requiring an independent version of the Altitude 4600 series can now deploy the Altitude 4532. The AP is designed to run if its connection to a local or remote controller is interrupted and serves as a virtual controller to coordinate the operation of up to 24 neighboring APs for mobility and QoS. The Altitude 4532 has a US list price of $779.00
"The growth of wireless traffic and new devices has organizations struggling with the costs of upgrading their networks to meet user demand," said
, CMO for Extreme Networks. "Extreme Networks is addressing the challenge by providing IT with increased WLAN options, and lower prices supporting the most sophisticated, enterprise-class mobility solution."
Extreme Networks IME portfolio:
- New line of Summit® X440 Gigabit fixed switches powered by ExtremeXOS®. The intelligent switches support PoE+, SummitStack stacking, and IPv6. They also offer higher scalability and lower total cost of ownership (TCO).
- 802.11n WLAN portfolio that includes the longer range Altitude™4511 Access Points with SMART RF controllers.
- Smart identity management that works across, LAN, WLAN and 3G/4G environments. The software allows businesses to dynamically manage users and their BYOD devices. Network access is based on Active Directory, RADIUS, and standard LDAP protocols.
The Intelligent Mobile Edge solution will be showcased at CommunicAsia in
About Extreme Networks
Extreme Networks is a technology leader in high performance Ethernet switching for cloud, data center and mobile networks. Based in
Santa Clara, CA
, Extreme Networks has more than 6,000 customers in more than 50 countries. For more information, visit the company's website at
Extreme Networks, Summit, the Extreme Networks logo, ExtremeXOS and Altitude are trademarks or registered trademarks of Extreme Networks, Inc. in
the United States
and/or other countries. All other names are the property of their respective owners.
Except for the historical information contained herein, the matters set forth in this press release, including without limitation statements as to features, performance, benefits, and integration of the products or the combined solution are forward-looking statements within the meaning of the "safe harbor" provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These forward-looking statements speak only as of the date. Because such statements deal with future events, they are subject to risks and uncertainties, including network design and actual results of use of the product in different environments. We undertake no obligation to update the forward-looking information in this release. Other important factors which could cause actual results to differ materially are contained in the Company's 10-Qs and 10-Ks which are on file with the Securities and Exchange Commission (
SOURCE Extreme Networks, Inc.