SINGAPORE, June 18, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- COMMUNICASIA -- Extreme Networks, Inc. (Nasdaq: EXTR) today announced further expansion of its Intelligent Mobile Edge (IME) Bring-Your-Own-Device (BYOD) campus solution. The Company is making mobility more affordable with a new line of 802.11n wireless LAN access points complementing its sophisticated identity management, ease of user and device onboarding, and Smart RF® for automated site deployment of wireless LANs. The solution is supported by ExtremeXOS®, a single modular software platform supporting all edge and core network switches.
Extreme Networks® new solution helps mobilize businesses and schools with a combination of hardware and software intelligence easing the burden of the BYOD movement. Extreme Networks IME is available with expanded offerings to help enterprises respond to the proliferation of devices and wireless services across campus networks. Enterprises require expanded choices and more affordable solutions to deploy next-generation 802.11n wireless technology without compromising mobility features and performance.
The key benefits of Extreme Networks IME include a converged data plane based on the Motorola WiNG 5 architecture. The system can increase the performance of wireless services compared to traditional hub and spoke WLAN systems by removing traditional bottlenecks. Extreme Networks smart identity management brings user, device and location awareness to network administrators, so that mobile users are tracked and accounted for without manual intervention.
Extreme Networks new wireless APs serve to lower the cost of deploying wireless networks and meet the growing demands of increased wireless traffic with intelligence and independence. The SmartRF system for APs helps ensure uninterrupted user access by dynamically sensing weak of failing signals, securely moving users to alternate APs and automatically boosting signal power to fill in coverage gaps.
- Altitude™ 4021 - A single radio dependent access point that delivers 802.11n performance at a lower cost, allowing enterprises to decrease the expense of deploying and operating a secure, reliable 802.11n wireless LAN (WLAN) in branch offices or headquarters facilities. The Altitude 4021 has a US list price of $274.
- Altitude 4521 - The versatile, independent AP 4521 access point is designed to lower the cost of deploying and operating a secure, reliable 802.11n wireless LAN (WLAN). It enables controller-less operations at small to medium sites by serving as a virtual controller and coordinating the operation of up to 24 neighboring access points for mobility and QoS services. The Altitude 4521 has a US list price of $422.00.
- Altitude 4532 - A dual radio, performance-focused independent access point targeted at the need for medium density deployments. Customers requiring an independent version of the Altitude 4600 series can now deploy the Altitude 4532. The AP is designed to run if its connection to a local or remote controller is interrupted and serves as a virtual controller to coordinate the operation of up to 24 neighboring APs for mobility and QoS. The Altitude 4532 has a US list price of $779.00
- New line of Summit® X440 Gigabit fixed switches powered by ExtremeXOS®. The intelligent switches support PoE+, SummitStack stacking, and IPv6. They also offer higher scalability and lower total cost of ownership (TCO).
- 802.11n WLAN portfolio that includes the longer range Altitude™4511 Access Points with SMART RF controllers.
- Smart identity management that works across, LAN, WLAN and 3G/4G environments. The software allows businesses to dynamically manage users and their BYOD devices. Network access is based on Active Directory, RADIUS, and standard LDAP protocols.