Dow Today: Hewlett-Packard (HPQ) Lower
The Dow Jones Industrial Average (^DJI) is trading down 14.0 points (-0.1%) at 12,753 as of Monday, Jun 18, 2012, 1:35 p.m. ET. During this time, 349.4 million shares of the 30 Dow components have changed hands vs. an average daily trading volume of 711.2 million. The NYSE advances/declines ratio sits at 1,696 issues advancing vs. 1,279 declining with 112 unchanged. Holding back the Dow today is Hewlett-Packard (NYSE:HPQ), which is lagging the broader Dow index with a 57-cent decline (-2.7%) bringing the stock to $21.06. This single loss is lowering the Dow Jones Industrial Average by 4.39 points or roughly accounting for 31.4% of the Dow's overall loss. Volume for Hewlett-Packard currently sits at 12.2 million shares traded vs. an average daily trading volume of 19.3 million shares. Hewlett-Packard has a market cap of $42.57 billion and is part of the technology sector and computer hardware industry. Shares are down 16.2% year to date as of Friday's close. The stock's dividend yield sits at 2.4%. Hewlett-Packard Company and its subsidiaries provide products, technologies, software, solutions, and services to individual consumers and small- and medium-sized businesses (SMBs), as well as to the government, health, and education sectors worldwide. The company has a P/E ratio of 8.2, equal to the average computer hardware industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. TheStreet Ratings rates Hewlett-Packard as a hold. Among the primary strengths of the company is its attractive valuation levels, considering its current price compared to earnings, book value and other measures. At the same time, however, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity and poor profit margins.
- You can view the full Hewlett-Packard Ratings Report.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV