ACI Worldwide (ACIW) develops, markets, installs and supports a line of software products and services primarily focused on facilitating electronic payments. This stock is trading up 3.3% at $41.90 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 330,000Average Volume: 308,383 Volume % Change: 80%. From a technical perspective, ACIW is moving notably higher here on above average volume, and this stock has briefly entered breakout territory. That move into breakout territory started when ACIW took one some past overhead resistance at $41.99. At last check, ACIW has hit an intraday high of $43 but has since pulled back to its current price near $42. Traders should now look for long-biased trades as long as ACIW is trending above $41.99 to $43 with strong upside volume flows. I would consider any upside volume day that registers near or above 308,383 shares as bullish. If we get that action, look for ACIW to hit $45 to $50 in the near future. To see more stocks rising on unusual volume, check out the Stocks Rising On Unusual Volume portfolio on Stockpickr.-- Written by Roberto Pedone in Winderemere, Fla.
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV