ACI Worldwide (ACIW) develops, markets, installs and supports a line of software products and services primarily focused on facilitating electronic payments. This stock is trading up 3.3% at $41.90 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 330,000Average Volume: 308,383 Volume % Change: 80%. From a technical perspective, ACIW is moving notably higher here on above average volume, and this stock has briefly entered breakout territory. That move into breakout territory started when ACIW took one some past overhead resistance at $41.99. At last check, ACIW has hit an intraday high of $43 but has since pulled back to its current price near $42. Traders should now look for long-biased trades as long as ACIW is trending above $41.99 to $43 with strong upside volume flows. I would consider any upside volume day that registers near or above 308,383 shares as bullish. If we get that action, look for ACIW to hit $45 to $50 in the near future. To see more stocks rising on unusual volume, check out the Stocks Rising On Unusual Volume portfolio on Stockpickr. -- Written by Roberto Pedone in Winderemere, Fla.
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV