Icon (ICLR) is a contract research organization, providing outsourced development services on a global basis to the pharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device industries. This stock is trading up 2% at $21.87 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 322,000Average Volume: 201,964 Volume % Change: 174% Shares of ICLR are moving modestly higher today after William Blair upgraded the stock to outperform from market perform. >>22 Biopharma Stocks With Breakout Potential in 2012 From a technical perspective, ICLR is moving modestly higher here as the stock pushes back above its 50-day moving average of $21.75 with above average volume. This move is quickly pushing the stock within range of a near-term breakout trade. That trade will hit once ICLR takes out some near-term overhead resistance at $23 with high volume. Traders should now look for long-biased trades if ICLR can sustain a move or close above those levels with volume that's near or above 201,964 shares. If we get that action soon, then look for ICLR to re-test and possibly take out its April high of $23.81. Icon was one of 10 Top Morningstar M&A Stock Picks for 2012.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV