Groupon (GRPN) is a local e-commerce marketplace that connects merchants to consumers by offering goods and services at a discount. This stock is trading up 12.4% at $11.32 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 8 millionAverage Volume: 5.1 million Volume % Change: 154% Shares of GRPN are ripping higher today after Morgan Stanley raised its rating on the stock to overweight from equalweight, with an $18 price target, citing the company's revenue growth acceleration in North America and due to diminished concerns about its competition. >>7 Value Stocks to Buy in Facebook's Wake From a technical perspective, GRPN is skyrocketing higher here on above average volume. This move is quickly pushing GRPN within range of triggering a near-term breakout trade. That trade will hit once GRPN takes out its 50-day moving average of $11.35 with highmoving averagevolume. At last check, GRPN has hit an intraday high of $11.35. Traders should now look for long-biased trades if GRPN can sustain a move or close above $11.35 with volume that's near or above 5,053,210 shares. If we get that action soon, then GRPN should re-test its next significant overhead resistance levels at $12.43 to just above $13. Groupon shows up on a recent list of 2 Recent IPOs to Sell.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV