Itron (ITRI) is a technology company that delivers end-to-end smart metering solutions to electric, natural gas, and water utilities worldwide. This stock is trading up 5% at $39.41 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 552,000Average Volume: 435,915 Volume % Change: 124% >>5 Tech Stocks to Watch if QE3 Happens From a technical perspective, ITRI is ripping higher here back above both its 50-day and 200-day moving averages with above-average volume. This move is quickly pushing the stock within range of triggering a near-term breakout trade. That trade will hit once ITRI takes out some near-term overhead resistance at $41 with volume. Traders should now look for long-biased trades as long as ITRI is trending above its 50-day at $39.13, and once it sustains a move or close above $41 with volume that's near or above 435,915 shares. If we get that action soon, then look for ITRI to possibly hit its next significant overhead resistance level at $45.12 in the near future.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV