NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- These stocks rose to 52-week highs on Monday: Hershey (HSY), Six Flags (SIX), Duke Energy (DUK), Dunkin' Brands (DNKN), PetSmart (PETM), TJX (TJX), Southern (SO), Dollar Tree (DLTR), Dollar General (DG) and Consolidated Edison (ED).
"We add HSY to the Americas Conviction List as we raise incremental consumer staples exposure to the consumer sleeve of our Conviction List," Goldman Sachs analysts wrote in a June 12 report. "HSY offers best-in-class visibility to outsized revenue and earnings growth over the next two years. Our FY13/FY14E EPS of $3.64/$3.98 are 3%/5% ahead of the Street. Our path to nearly $4 in 2014 anticipates abatement of input cost inflation in FY13, a return to normalized category growth in North America next year and continued momentum in HSY's emerging markets. Incremental upside could stem from (1) cost deflation rather than stagnation and (2) aggressive cash deployment."
Shares of Hershey hit a 52-week high on Monday of $69.98. The stock's 52-week low of $53.83 on Aug. 9.Hershey trades at an estimated price-to-earnings ratio for next year of 22.86 times; the average for its peers is 19.24. For comparison, Kraft Foods (KFT) has a lower forward P/E of 16.51. Nine of the 17 analysts who cover Hershey rated it hold; eight analysts gave the stock a buy rating. The stock has risen 12.98% year to date.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV