Aside from Square and PayPal Here, there are plenty of other companies competing for proximity-based payments, as the mobile payment pie continues to grow. This includes companies like Intuit's (INTU) GoPayment, PayAnywhere, as well as Visa and MasterCard.
The mobile payment story is altering the way people do business, whether it's the everyday person or established retailers, says PayAnywhere CEO Marc Gardner, citing the availability and affordability of mobile devices.
"The real revenue and sea change isn't in enabling the guy down the street having a garage sale to process credit cards; it's in the real established merchants and retailers, and how we will meet their needs with smart mobile solutions that are enterprise-ready but still simple and easy to use," Gardner explained, via email. PayAnywhere charges 2.69% per transaction rate, compared to Square's 2.75%.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV