SUWANEE, Ga., June 18, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- ARRIS Group, Inc. (Nasdaq: ARRS) today announced that SK Broadband Inc., South Korea's leading integrated telecommunications company, has begun successfully deploying IPv6 service to customers across its HFC network. SK Broadband has been an ARRIS C4 CMTS customer since 2005, and recently implemented the new IPv6 service by upgrading its existing chassis' to Software Release 8.0.
"SK Broadband prides itself on providing the highest quality experience to our customers," said Mr. Dae Chul Noh, SK Broadband Network Planning Team Leader. "We are very pleased with the cost-efficient and operationally simple solution that the ARRIS C4 CMTS platform brings us in being able to ensure that none of our customers see any degradation or termination of service."
This deployment is a key milestone in the IPv6-related feature development efforts conducted by ARRIS, a leader in DOCSIS® 3.0 technology. "Over the past year we've worked very closely with our customers to plan IPv6 feature support for both our CMTS and CPE platforms," said Todd Kessler, ARRIS VP, CMTS Product Management. "We're encouraged to see the success that SK Broadband has achieved using our products in their IPv6 deployments, and we plan to remain at the forefront of delivering real-world IPv6 functionality to our customers worldwide."
Since 1981, IPv4 has been the publicly used Internet Protocol and is currently the foundation for most Internet communications. The exponential growth of the Internet and the traffic it enables has created a need for more addresses, and IPv6 fills that need.For more information on the ARRIS C4 CMTS and IPv6, please visit: www.arrisi.com/get/C4 SOURCE ARRIS Group Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV