Apple has always been known for its strict and efficient supply chain, but the process is getting tighter, and the time spent on inspections may be getting longer, according to Digitimes.
Citing anonymous sources, Digitimes reports that Apple is placing increased focus on its supply chain, as product quality continues to get scrutinized.
Not only does this increase the time spent on inspection, it also makes it much harder for outside companies who want to become a part of Apple's supply chain.
Apple Retail stores across the U.S. are having a meeting on June 24, which all employees are expected to attend, AppleInsider reports. According to those familiar with Apple's plans, the tech giant is scheduled to hold organized meetings on Sunday. It's not known what the topic of conversation will be.
Apple has generated billions upon billions in revenue thanks to the success of its iPhone, iPad, iPod, and Macs. Now it looks as if it will be rewarding its Apple Store employees. Apple Store employees across the board are reportedly going to receive a boost in salary, getting an additional $4 per hour raise, effective July 20. Apple could not be immediately reached for comment on this story. Shares of Apple are higher in Monday trading, up 1.48% to $582.65. Interested in more on Apple? See TheStreet Ratings' report card for this stock. Check out our new tech blog, Tech Trends. Follow TheStreet Tech on your wireless devices. --Written by Chris Ciaccia in New York >Contact by Email. Follow @Commodity_Bull
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV