HP, Bank of America: Dow Movers
The Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 25 points, or 0.20%, to close at 12,745, ranging less than 90 points during the session.
The S&P 500 rose 2 points, or 0.14%, to settle at 1345, while the Nasdaq gained more than 22 points, or 0.78%, to finish at 2895.
Breadth within the Dow was negative with 19 of the index's 30 components posting losses.The biggest percentage losers among the blue chips were Alcoa (AA), Bank of America (BAC), General Electric (GE) and Hewlett-Packard (HPQ). Shares of HP fell 2.73% to $21.05. The PC maker's stock has fallen 18.28% year to date. Bank of America shares dropped 1.77% to $7.76. CNBC, citing a person familiar with the issue, reported Monday that the bank is working on selling its overseas wealth management division to Swiss banking company Julius Baer Group. The stock has risen 39.57% year to date. United Technologies (UTX), Verizon (VZ), and Wal-Mart Stores (WMT) were among the Dow components rising in Monday's action. --Written by Alexandra Zendrian in New York.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Alexandra Zendrian >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to Alexandra Zendrian.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV