Dicker: Keep Your Eyes on Commodities
I've talked a lot about commodity index and ETF growth. How about the latest rise of absolute-return funds? These are the newest, most-broadly-defined target return funds that are attracting billions of scared dollars quarterly from institutional and retail investors. They target a return above whatever index they arbitrarily track (it could be a dividend or bond rate) and promise steady, if low returns to investors.
Such promises leave lots of room for unbounded investment strategies, almost all of which will involve derivatives on commodities and increasing investment in the space. This is what's growing in the financial world, folks, not mutual funds.
The smart guys see it. Listen to Jeremy Grantham and his thinly-veiled prediction of alternatives delivering returns for the next seven years. Listen to Jim Rogers or Mark Faber.
Or listen to no one and watch the money flow. It's telling you something. Something no one else has decided to watch right now. The commodity trade remains a place you must be.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV