$7 billion pet product retailer PetSmart (PETM) is another Rocket Stock that's made our list this week. The firm boasts a footprint of 1,250 big-box stores spread across the country, selling products like pet food, supplies, and toys as well as smaller pets and services like grooming or training. But the best thing about PetSmart is the fact that more than half of its sales come from consumables.
Because such a big part of PetSmart's product mix is driven by consumables, the firm boasts big recurring revenues as consumers replenish their supplies of pet food and treats. While other major retailers all stock pet products, they can't match the sheer scale of offerings at a store like PetSmart, or the expertise of the associates who work there. That's what keeps customers coming back -- and what keeps margins and cash generation higher than most non-specialized retail firms.>>20 Smaller Stocks With Growing Dividends Another major trend in PETM's favor has been the increase in how much Americans are willing to spend on their pets. Consumers have gone from treating pets like animals decades ago to treating them much more like humans today -- and spending on pets has doubled since ten years ago as a result.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV