BALTIMORE (Stockpickr) -- Well, it's over. On Sunday, Greek voters elected the New Democracy party, a group that's pro-bailout and pro-austerity. That win should give investors some comfort over one country in the eurozone. Now all eyes are turned to Spain.
Spain unseated early gains in stocks across the pond after the vote, as yields on Spanish debt reached a new record. In other words, investors aren't willing to loan money to Spain right now unless they can get more money than ever for taking on the risk. Still, the EU is finally showing some promise; last week's 100 billion euro bailout of Spanish banks was a first step toward setting the Mediterranean kingdom (and stocks) on the right path.
Despite this morning's wishy-washy open, we're looking at five new Rocket Stock names that could find upside this week.For the uninitiated, "Rocket Stocks" are our list of companies with short-term gain catalysts and longer-term growth potential. To find them, I run a weekly quantitative screen that seeks out stocks with a combination of analyst upgrades and positive earnings surprises to identify rising analyst expectations, a bullish signal for stocks in any market. After all, where analysts' expectations are increasing, institutional cash often follows. >>ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out Stockpickr's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now! In the last 155 weeks, our weekly list of five plays has outperformed the S&P 500 by 83.12%. With that, here's a look at this week's Rocket Stocks.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV