China Finance Online Co. Limited is a technology-driven, user-focused market leader in China in providing vertically integrated financial information and services including news, data, analytics, securities investment advisory and brokerage-related services. Through its flagship portal sites, www.jrj.com and www.stockstar.com, the Company offers basic software and information services to individual investors which integrate financial and listed-company data, information and analytics from multiple sources. Leveraging on its robust internet capabilities and registered user base, China Finance Online is developing securities investment advisory and over time wealth management services. Through its subsidiary, Genius, the Company provides financial database and analytics to institutional customers including domestic brokerages and investment firms. Through its subsidiary, Daily Growth, the Company provides securities brokerage services in Hong Kong.
Safe Harbor Statement
This press release contains forward-looking statements. These statements constitute "forward-looking" statements within the meaning of Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended, and as defined in the U.S. Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These forward-looking statements can be identified by terminology such as "will," "expects," "anticipates," "future," "intends," "plans," "believes," "estimates" and similar statements. Among other things, this release contains the following forward-looking statements regarding:
- our product upgrade and strategic transformation initiative;
- cost-cutting initiative and its effect on efficiency and operational performance;
- potential business consolidation amidst the new regulatory environment;
- the market prospect of the business of securities investment advisory and wealth management; and
- the transition period to adapt to the new compliance requirements.
Such statements involve certain risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those in the forward-looking statements, which risks and uncertainties include, among others, the following:
- the changing customer needs, regulatory environment and market condition that we are subject to;
- the uneven sector-growth of the Chinese economy that could lead to volatility in the equity markets and affect our operating results in the coming quarters;
- the unpredictability of our strategic transformation and upgrade;
- the competition we are facing in the new business of securities investment advisory and wealth management;
- global macroeconomic uncertainties;
- wavering investor confidence that could impact our business; and
- possible non-cash goodwill, intangible assets and investment impairment may adversely affect our net income.