Sterling Construction Company, Inc. (Nasdaq GS: STRL), ("Sterling" or the "Company") today announced that its Utah subsidiary, Ralph L. Wadsworth Construction Company, LLC (“RLW”), won five Best of State Awards, taking home the medals in the Heavy Construction, Structural Engineering, Sculpture and Digital Art categories as well as the BOSS (Best of State Statue). The BOSS is awarded to the overall winner in the Science and Technology division, and was presented at the Best of State Awards Gala, in Salt Lake City, on May 30, 2012.
The Best of State Awards were created to recognize annually outstanding individuals and the best organizations and businesses in Utah. Independent judges evaluated candidates based on their ability to:
- Demonstrate achievement and excellence, producing superior results and outcomes
- Differentiate themselves through innovation, creativity, approaches and processes
- Contribute to a better quality of life in Utah
Category winners from each of ten divisions received Best of State medals. Winners' nominations in each division were resubmitted to the judges and scored again. The highest scoring entry from each of the ten general divisions was selected to receive the BOSS, a 22-pound, gold-plated Best of State Statue. Since 2005, RLW has been awarded 6 Best of State medals for Heavy Construction, 8 medals for Heavy Highway-Related Aesthetic Sculpture, 1 medal for Structural Engineering and 3 Best of State Statues in the Business Services and Science and Technology divisions.
Kip L. Wadsworth, CEO of Ralph L. Wadsworth, stated, “We are delighted to once again be judged Best-in-State in the Heavy Construction and Structural Engineering categories, in the Science & Technology Division and receive two more awards in the Sculpture and Digital Art categories. We are proud to be able to continue to play an important role in building and maintaining Utah’s infrastructure. All of us at RLW are committed to the continued pursuit of excellence, innovation and making an ongoing contribution to Utah’s quality of life.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV