Morgan Stanley upgraded Groupon to overweight, citing its emergence as a leading local e-commerce company. Groupon shares closed up 6.68% on Friday.
Zynga (ZNGA) shares also headed northward on Monday, gaining 1.8% to reach $5.66, continuing their recent momentum. The social gamer closed up 10.65% on Friday following positive analyst reviews of the company earlier in the week.
The San Francisco-based Facebook (FB) partner was also one of the most active premarket Nasdaq stocks on share volume of 147,614.Facebook shares slipped 0.75% to $29.79 on share volume of 201,420. Microsoft (MSFT) which is expected to make a major product announcement late on Monday, crept up 0.03% to $30.03 before market open. There has been chatter that the software giant will make its entry into the tablet market at an event in Los Angeles after market close. --Written by James Rogers in New York. Follow @jamesjrogers >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com. Check out our new tech blog, Tech Trends. Follow TheStreet Tech on your wireless devices.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV