MONTREAL, June 18, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Today at the International Microwave Symposium, Altera Corporation (NASDAQ: ALTR) and Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) (NASDAQ: TXN) introduced a complete RF development kit that eases RF prototyping for systems based on Altera's 28-nm Arria® V FPGAs. The modular Arria V FPGA RF Development Kit includes all the hardware and software needed for RF transmit, receive and digital pre-distortion feedback, reducing the amount of time needed to design and verify RF systems, such as wireless base stations, remote radio heads, and military radio and intelligence equipment, from months to weeks. For more information, visit www.ti.com/arria-v-devkit-pr.
The Arria V FPGA RF Development Kit provides RF developers with access to the latest generation of 28-nm FPGAs from Altera, along with the newest analog-to-digital converters (ADCs), digital-to-analog converters (DACs) and clocks from TI. The kit provides 2.5 times more transmit and digital pre-distortion feedback bandwidth than similar solutions and is the industry's first complete main/diversity receive development platform supporting up to 75 MHz of bandwidth.
Features and benefits of the Arria V FPGA RF Development Kit:
- 28-nm Arria V FPGA, balancing cost and performance while delivering the lowest total power for wireless applications.
- Up to 500 MHz of transmit and feedback bandwidth, enabling 100 MHz of transmit bandwidth with fifth order pre-distortion correction.
- Up to 75 MHz of main/diversity receive bandwidth with 14-bit resolution and 31.5 dB of gain range for demanding multi-carrier 3G and 4G standards.
- Low phase-noise-fractional phase-locked loop (PLL) / voltage-controlled oscillator (VCO) to provide local oscillator for transmit, receive and feedback mixers and modulators.
- Modular design enables alternative and future evaluation modules (EVMs) to be incorporated quickly and seamlessly.
The Arria V FPGA RF Development Kit includes the Arria V FPGA Development Board and the following RF components from TI:
- TSW30H84EVM, a complete RF transmit reference design including the DAC34H84, the industry's lowest-power 4-channel, 16-bit DAC at 1.25 GSPS.
- TSW1266EVM, a digital pre-distortion feedback reference design.
- TSW1265EVM, a wideband dual-receiver reference design, which includes the ADS4249, the industry's lowest-power dual, 14-bit ADC.
- TSW3065EVM, a standalone local oscillator source designed with the TRF3765 integer and fractional PLL/VCO.
- HSMC-ADC-Bridge and ArriaV-TI-Adapter to interface between TI and Altera hardware.
- Get additional details on the kit: www.ti.com/arria-v-devkit-pr.
- See more TI analog solutions for Altera FPGAs: www.ti.com/altera-fpga-pr.
- Check out other wireless RF solutions from TI: www.ti.com/wireless-rf-pr.
- Learn more about Arria V FPGAs: www.altera.com/arriav.
- Follow what TI signal chain experts have to say on our E2E blog: www.ti.com/analogwire-pr.
- Download a news release graphic at: www.ti.com/newscenterphotos-pr.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
24/7 market commentary from Jim Cramer and 20+ veteran Wall Street gurus. Get access to the latest trading ideas on stocks, options, and ETFs as well as a real-time forum to see the pros exchanging their investment ideas.
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV