BEIJING, June 18, 2012 /PRNewswire-Asia-FirstCall/ -- Jiayuan.com International Ltd. ("Jiayuan" or the "Company") (NASDAQ: DATE), operator of the largest online dating platform in China, today announced that it held its annual general meeting of shareholders ("AGM") on June 15, 2012. All of the proposals submitted to shareholders at the 2012 AGM were duly approved. Specifically, the shareholders passed resolutions approving:
- increasing the maximum aggregate number of ordinary shares that may be delivered pursuant to awards granted to eligible persons under Section 4.1 of the 2007 Share Incentive Plan, as amended (the "Plan"), by 2,400,000 ordinary shares, from 5,233,920 ordinary shares to 7,633,920 ordinary shares;
- amending the Plan to allow the administrator of the Plan to have additional flexibility to re-price awards granted under the Plan, including the re-pricing of "underwater" share options, without shareholder approval by amending Sections 3.2(g), 5.1.1, 5.1.3 and 7.6.5 of the Plan;
- authorizing each of the directors or officers of the Company to take any and every action that might be necessary to effect the foregoing resolutions as such director or officer, in his or her absolute discretion, thinks fit.
Jiayuan.com International Ltd. ("Jiayuan") (NASDAQ: DATE) operates the largest online dating platform in China. Jiayuan is committed to providing a trusted, effective, and user-focused online dating platform that addresses the dating and marriage needs of China's rapidly growing urban singles population. According to iResearch, Jiayuan.com ranked first in terms of number of unique visitors and time spent among all online dating websites in China in 2011. Every two of Jiayuan's American Depositary Shares represent three ordinary shares.
For more information, please visit
This press release contains forward-looking statements. These statements are made under the "safe harbor" provisions of the U.S. Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These forward-looking statements can be identified by terminology such as "will," "expects," "anticipates," "future," "intends," "plans," "believes," "estimates," "confident" and similar statements. Jiayuan may also make written or verbal forward-looking statements in its periodic reports to the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, in its annual report to shareholders, in press releases and other written materials and in verbal statements made by its officers, directors or employees to fourth parties. Statements that are not historical facts, including statements about our beliefs and expectations, are forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements involve inherent risks and uncertainties. A number of factors could cause actual results to differ materially from those contained in any forward-looking statement, including but not limited to the following: our growth strategies; our future business development, including development of new products and services; our ability to attract and retain users; competition in the Chinese online dating markets; changes in our revenues and certain cost or expense items as a percentage of our revenues; the outcome of any litigation or arbitration; the expected growth of the number of Internet and broadband users in
China; Chinese governmental policies relating to the Internet and online dating websites and general economic conditions in
China and elsewhere. Further information regarding these and other risks is included in our documents filed with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. Jiayuan does not undertake any obligation to update any forward-looking statement, except as required under applicable law. All information provided in this press release is as of the date of the press release, and Jiayuan undertakes no duty to update such information, except as required under applicable law.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV