ORLANDO, Fla., June 18, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The Marriott Vacation Club brand, a global leader in vacation ownership, announced today the launch of a new usage option to Owners of its European resorts providing access to the points-based Marriott Vacation Club Destinations™ Exchange Program that offers thousands of new vacation choices worldwide. The brand first introduced a points-based program for its Asia Pacific customers in 2006 and followed with the points-based Marriott Vacation Club Destinations program in 2010 to customers in North America, the Caribbean and Latin America.
"As the first branded hospitality company to enter the European timeshare market in 1996, we've been committed to providing great vacation experiences for our Owners at beautiful resorts in coastal Spain and France," said Bob Miller, Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer - International, Marriott Vacations Worldwide Corporation. "The expansion of our points-based exchange program to this region now offers exceptional vacation options to enrolled Owners that are easy to use and provides greater flexibility and more personalized experiences."
The Marriott Vacation Club Destinations Exchange Program provides enrolled Owners with additional flexibility to exchange their vacation ownership interest(s) annually for Vacation Club Points to travel within any of three Vacation Collections or continue to use as they have before.
- Marriott Vacation Club Collection: Enjoy reservation access among more than 50 luxurious Marriott Vacation Club resorts, including: ease of any day check-in, varied lengths of stay, wide array of accommodation sizes, and more choice of travel season at resorts in North America, the Caribbean and Europe.
- Explorer Collection: Use Vacation Club Points to journey to new lands, urban destinations, or cruise the seas in luxury with memorable travel packages.
- World Traveler Collection: Access a global system of hundreds of resorts through Interval International.
Since its inception in 1984, the Marriott brand has redefined the vacation ownership experience. Owners enjoy the assurance of a program from a recognized leader in the timeshare industry, now offering a more tailored vacation experience around the world "the Marriott way."
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts