Dow Corning announced today it has started research activities in the newly completed state-of-the-art Solar Energy Exploration and Development (SEED) research center, which focuses on the development and discovery of new materials and technologies that will help advance renewable energy and energy efficiency.
Part of a global network of research and development facilities, the SEED supplements Dow Corning’s existing European science capacities in Belgium, the UK and Germany. The company’s research aims to develop the innovations that will help address today’s major societal issues such as helping make renewable energy a viable and sustainable option, and meeting the challenges of rapid urbanization.
“Our journey toward the future will be guided by chemists, scientists and engineers creating new approaches to innovation and developing novel products that enrich people’s lives and benefit the environment,” said Dr. Gregg Zank, Dow Corning’s senior vice president and chief technology officer. “The silicon technologies we develop alongside our customers at this facility, and throughout our network, will continue to be a driver for growth and sustainable development not only in Europe, but all over the world.”
The SEED includes a Solar Application Center and a Silicon Technology Center. The center’s solar cell laboratory is Dow Corning’s first of its kind, and completes the company’s network of solar research centers based in the United States and Korea.“Dow Corning’s European Solar Application Center complements our global innovation capabilities and enhances our ability to collaborate with customers and research institutes around Europe,” said Eric Peeters, Dow Corning’s vice president for Solar Solutions. “Our research continues to focus on reducing the cost of solar energy to make photovoltaics even more competitive with traditional energy sources.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV