Your Foie Gras Options for After Foie-maggedon
LAS VEGAS ( TheStreet) -- Foie-maggedon is almost upon us. Eight years Arnold Schwarzenegger, then California's governor, signed a statewide ban of foie gras; the law's grace period ends July 1, after which the delicacy will no longer be available in the state. The prohibition-like ban on the treat, which is made from the liver of a specially fattened duck or goose, has California chefs and gourmands up in arms, even forming the Coalition for Humane and Ethical Farming Standards ("CHEFS") in an attempt to repeal it.
Rather than wait it out to see if foie gras will get sweet relief, TravelsinTaste sought out some tasty bites in cities where the delicacy will still available for sale -- at least for now.
More From TravelsinTaste
|CUT: A Cut Above the Rest|
|SHO Shaun Hergatt: The Financial District Finally Gets Fine Dining Right|
|New York's Best Seafood, Courtesy of New York's Best Chef: James Beard Award Winner Eric Ripert|
In New York, uber-creative chef David Burke offers a soy honey roasted Rohan duck with foie gras corncake and a fig and onion marmalade at
davidburke townhouse. At David Burke Garden he offers a delectable rabbit And foie gras terrine with blueberry black pepper, brioche and mango. Looking for some seafood with your foie? At New York's Le Bernardin, executive chef and co-owner Eric Ripert offers a dish called simply "Tuna," with layers of thinly pounded yellowfin tuna, foie gras and toasted baguette with shaved chives and extra virgin olive oil. For an Iberian twist, executive chef George Mendes serves cured foie gras with fig-port jam, fig ice and homemade brioche at his restaurant Aldea.
Executive chef Sean Brasel serves his pineapple foie gras at Meat Market in Miami.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV