SK Telecom (SKM) pushed the Telecommunications industry lower today making it today's featured Telecommunications loser. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.9%. By the end of trading, SK Telecom fell 13 cents (-1.1%) to $11.38 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2.5 million shares of SK Telecom exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.3 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $11.31-$11.47 after having opened the day at $11.42 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $11.51. Other company's within the Telecommunications industry that declined today were: Telecom Argentina (TEO), down 8.1%, Alaska Communications Systems Group (ALSK), down 7.9%, UTStarcom Holdings (UTSI), down 7.7%, and Elephant Talk Communications (ETAK), down 7.3%. SK Telecom Co., Ltd. provides wireless telecommunications services principally in Korea. SK Telecom has a market cap of $7.15 billion and is part of the technology sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 5.3, above the average telecommunications industry P/E ratio of 4.3 and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 14.5% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Currently there are no analysts that rate SK Telecom a buy, one analyst rates it a sell, and none rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates SK Telecom as a hold. Among the primary strengths of the company is its attractive valuation levels, considering its current price compared to earnings, book value and other measures. At the same time, however, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity and a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself.
- You can view the full SK Telecom Ratings Report.
- Use our telecommunications section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about SKM
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
24/7 market commentary from Jim Cramer and 20+ veteran Wall Street gurus. Get access to the latest trading ideas on stocks, options, and ETFs as well as a real-time forum to see the pros exchanging their investment ideas.
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV