General Growth Properties Inc (GGP): Today's Featured Real Estate Loser
General Growth Properties (GGP) pushed the Real Estate industry lower today making it today's featured Real Estate loser. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.8%. By the end of trading, General Growth Properties fell 12 cents (-0.7%) to $17.10 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 5.3 million shares of General Growth Properties exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3.4 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $16.97-$17.20 after having opened the day at $17.15 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $17.22. Other company's within the Real Estate industry that declined today were: SYSWIN (SYSW), down 4%, Arbor Realty (ABR), down 3.8%, Alto Palermo (APSA), down 2.5%, and NTS Realty Holdings (NLP), down 2.4%. General Growth Properties, Inc. operates as a real estate investment trust in the United States. It operates in two segments, Retail and Other, and Master Planned Communities. General Growth Properties has a market cap of $15.86 billion and is part of the financial sector. Shares are up 17.1% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Currently there are three analysts that rate General Growth Properties a buy, one analyst rates it a sell, and five rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates General Growth Properties as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, good cash flow from operations and solid stock price performance. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including unimpressive growth in net income, generally poor debt management and poor profit margins.
- You can view the full General Growth Ratings Report.
- Use our real estate section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV