Ivanhoe Mines Ltd (IVN): Today's Featured Metals & Mining Loser
Ivanhoe Mines (IVN) pushed the Metals & Mining industry lower today making it today's featured Metals & Mining loser. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.5%. By the end of trading, Ivanhoe Mines fell 98 cents (-9.4%) to $9.44 on average volume. Throughout the day, 5.4 million shares of Ivanhoe Mines exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 4.1 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $9.36-$9.93 after having opened the day at $9.84 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $10.42. Other company's within the Metals & Mining industry that declined today were: China Natural Resources (CHNR), down 28.8%, Great Basin Gold (GBG), down 13.6%, Golden Star Resources (GSS), down 12.8%, and International Tower Hill Mines (THM), down 12.5%. Ivanhoe Mines Ltd., together with its subsidiaries, operates as a mineral exploration, development, and production company in central Asia and Australia. Ivanhoe Mines has a market cap of $7.67 billion and is part of the basic materials sector. Shares are down 44.6% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Currently there are three analysts that rate Ivanhoe Mines a buy, one analyst rates it a sell, and one rates it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Ivanhoe Mines as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its weak operating cash flow and generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself.
- You can view the full Ivanhoe Mines Ratings Report.
- Use our metals & mining section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV