Regal Entertainment Group (RGC): Today's Featured Media Loser
Regal Entertainment Group (RGC) pushed the Media industry lower today making it today's featured Media loser. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1%. By the end of trading, Regal Entertainment Group fell 7 cents (-0.5%) to $13.09 on average volume. Throughout the day, two million shares of Regal Entertainment Group exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.2 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $13-$13.19 after having opened the day at $13.16 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $13.16. Other company's within the Media industry that declined today were: Charm Communications (CHRM), down 23%, Noah Education Holdings (NED), down 7.3%, VisionChina Media (VISN), down 5.3%, and Promotora de Informaciones SA/FI ADR (PRIS), down 4.4%. Regal Entertainment Group, through its subsidiaries, operates a theatre circuit in the United States. Regal Entertainment Group has a market cap of $1.72 billion and is part of the services sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 18.4, above the average media industry P/E ratio of 18.1 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 11.9% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Currently there are 12 analysts that rate Regal Entertainment Group a buy, one analyst rates it a sell, and five rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Regal Entertainment Group as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and good cash flow from operations. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the company's profit margins have been poor overall.
- You can view the full Regal Entertainment Group Ratings Report.
- Use our media section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV