Clean Harbors (CLH) pushed the Materials & Construction industry lower today making it today's featured Materials & Construction loser. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1%. By the end of trading, Clean Harbors fell $1.38 (-2.4%) to $57.26 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 752,600 shares of Clean Harbors exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 416,900 shares. The stock ranged in price between $57.18-$58.72 after having opened the day at $58.65 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $58.64. Other company's within the Materials & Construction industry that declined today were: India Globalization Capital (IGC), down 11.6%, Nobility Homes (NOBH), down 7.8%, Ecology and Environment (EEI), down 7.7%, and Guanwei Recycling (GPRC), down 4.4%. Clean Harbors, Inc., through its subsidiaries, provides environmental, energy, and industrial services. Clean Harbors has a market cap of $3.14 billion and is part of the industrial goods sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 23, above the average materials & construction industry P/E ratio of 22.9 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 9.2% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Currently there are six analysts that rate Clean Harbors a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and four rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Clean Harbors as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, good cash flow from operations, increase in net income and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity.
- You can view the full Clean Harbors Ratings Report.
- Use our materials & construction section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about CLH
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV