Everest Re Group (RE) pushed the Insurance industry lower today making it today's featured Insurance loser. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.8%. By the end of trading, Everest Re Group fell $1.51 (-1.5%) to $102 on average volume. Throughout the day, 556,141 shares of Everest Re Group exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 443,000 shares. The stock ranged in price between $101.95-$103.50 after having opened the day at $103.42 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $103.51. Other company's within the Insurance industry that declined today were: American Independence Corporation (AMIC), down 6.9%, Imperial Holdings (IFT), down 2.5%, WR Berkley (WRB), down 1.8%, and Kingsway Financial Services (KFS), down 1.6%. Everest Re Group, Ltd., together with its subsidiaries, underwrites reinsurance and insurance in the United States (U.S.), Bermuda, and international markets. It operates in four segments: U.S. Reinsurance, Insurance, International, and Bermuda. The U.S. Everest Re Group has a market cap of $5.38 billion and is part of the financial sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 10.2, equal to the average insurance industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 21.1% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Currently there are four analysts that rate Everest Re Group a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and seven rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Everest Re Group as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its compelling growth in net income, revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, solid stock price performance and attractive valuation levels. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow.
- You can view the full Everest Re Group Ratings Report.
- Use our insurance section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about RE
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV