Gardner Denver Inc. (GDI): Today's Featured Industrial Loser
Gardner Denver (GDI) pushed the Industrial industry lower today making it today's featured Industrial loser. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.8%. By the end of trading, Gardner Denver fell 54 cents (-1.1%) to $50.26 on average volume. Throughout the day, one million shares of Gardner Denver exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 914,900 shares. The stock ranged in price between $50.12-$50.98 after having opened the day at $50.80 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $50.80. Other company's within the Industrial industry that declined today were: China Recycling Energy Corporation (CREG), down 13.3%, Wowjoint Holdings (BWOW), down 8.3%, Highway Holdings (HIHO), down 7.9%, and THT Heat Transfer Technology (THTI), down 7.7%. Gardner Denver, Inc. designs, manufactures, and markets engineered industrial machinery and related parts and services primarily in North America, Europe, Asia, South America, Africa, and Australia. The company operates in two segments, Industrial Products Group and Engineered Products Group. Gardner Denver has a market cap of $2.53 billion and is part of the industrial goods sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 9.6, equal to the average industrial industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 31.5% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Currently there are five analysts that rate Gardner Denver a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and two rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Gardner Denver as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, good cash flow from operations, notable return on equity and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income.
- You can view the full Gardner Denver Ratings Report.
- Use our industrial section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV