Forest Laboratories Inc. (FRX): Today's Featured Health Care Loser
Forest Laboratories (FRX) pushed the Health Care sector lower today making it today's featured Health Care loser. The sector as a whole closed the day up 1%. By the end of trading, Forest Laboratories fell 44 cents (-1.3%) to $34.45 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2.8 million shares of Forest Laboratories exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of two million shares. The stock ranged in price between $34.06-$35 after having opened the day at $34.96 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $34.89. Other company's within the Health Care sector that declined today were: Dynacq Healthcare (DYII), down 21.2%, Cormedix (CRMD), down 18.6%, Escalon Medical Corporation (ESMC), down 14.2%, and Biodel (BIOD), down 9.7%. Forest Laboratories, Inc. develops, manufactures, and sells branded forms of ethical drug products primarily in the United States and Europe. Forest Laboratories has a market cap of $9.18 billion and is part of the drugs industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 9.7, equal to the average drugs industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 14.6% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Currently there are seven analysts that rate Forest Laboratories a buy, three analysts rate it a sell, and 13 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Forest Laboratories as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, reasonable valuation levels, good cash flow from operations and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat weak growth in earnings per share.
- You can view the full Forest Ratings Report.
- Use our health care section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV