Church & Dwight Company Inc. (CHD): Today's Featured Consumer Non-Durables Loser
Church & Dwight Company (CHD) pushed the Consumer Non-Durables industry lower today making it today's featured Consumer Non-Durables loser. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.8%. By the end of trading, Church & Dwight Company fell 64 cents (-1.2%) to $53.06 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 1.7 million shares of Church & Dwight Company exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 761,700 shares. The stock ranged in price between $52.87-$53.74 after having opened the day at $53.44 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $53.70. Other company's within the Consumer Non-Durables industry that declined today were: Standard Register Company (SR), down 22.5%, Cereplast (CERP), down 15%, China Xiniya Fashion (XNY), down 13.8%, and Xerium Technologies (XRM), down 5.9%. Church & Dwight Co., Inc., together with its subsidiaries, develops, manufactures, and markets a range of household, personal care, and specialty products under various brand names in the United States and internationally. Church & Dwight Company has a market cap of $7.44 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 24.3, above the average consumer non-durables industry P/E ratio of 24.2 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 16.1% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Currently there are six analysts that rate Church & Dwight Company a buy, two analysts rate it a sell, and eight rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Church & Dwight Company as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, growth in earnings per share, increase in net income and good cash flow from operations. Although no company is perfect, currently we do not see any significant weaknesses which are likely to detract from the generally positive outlook.
- You can view the full Church & Dwight Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer non-durables section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV