Expedia (EXPE) pushed the Services sector higher today making it today's featured services winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 1%. By the end of trading, Expedia rose $2.52 (5.3%) to $50.05 on average volume. Throughout the day, 5.6 million shares of Expedia exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 4.4 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $47.31-$50.23 after having opened the day at $47.53 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $47.53. Other companies within the Services sector that increased today were: Good Times Restaurants (GTIM), up 35%, Seven Arts Entertainment (SAPX), up 18.8%, Phoenix New Media (FENG), up 18.1%, and China Auto Logistics (CALI), up 17.8%. Expedia, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, operates as an online travel company in the United States and internationally. Expedia has a market cap of $5.42 billion and is part of the leisure industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 17.1, above the average leisure industry P/E ratio of 15.8 and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 14.8% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Currently there are seven analysts that rate Expedia a buy, two analysts rate it a sell, and eight rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Expedia as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, reasonable valuation levels and good cash flow from operations. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including unimpressive growth in net income and a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself.
- You can view the full Expedia Ratings Report.
- Use our services section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about EXPE
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV