Dollar General Corporation (DG) pushed the Retail industry higher today making it today's featured retail winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.9%. By the end of trading, Dollar General Corporation rose $1.64 (3.2%) to $52.19 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 6.9 million shares of Dollar General Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3.4 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $50.53-$52.19 after having opened the day at $50.75 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $50.55. Other companies within the Retail industry that increased today were: E-Commerce China Dangdang (DANG), up 13.9%, ValueVision Media (VVTV), up 8.2%, Pharmerica Corporation (PMC), up 7.2%, and Cache (CACH), up 6.5%. Dollar General Corporation operates as a discount retailer primarily in the southern, southwestern, midwestern, and eastern United States. Dollar General Corporation has a market cap of $16.68 billion and is part of the services sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 20.9, equal to the average retail industry P/E ratio and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 13.7% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Currently there are 13 analysts that rate Dollar General Corporation a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and five rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Dollar General Corporation as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow.
- You can view the full Dollar General Ratings Report.
- Use our retail section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about DG
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV