ArcelorMittal (MT) pushed the Metals & Mining industry higher today making it today's featured metals & mining winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.5%. By the end of trading, ArcelorMittal rose 84 cents (6%) to $14.76 on average volume. Throughout the day, 6.9 million shares of ArcelorMittal exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of seven million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $14.30-$14.77 after having opened the day at $14.34 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $13.92. Other companies within the Metals & Mining industry that increased today were: China Gerui Advanced Materials Group (CHOP), up 33.2%, Atlatsa Resources (ATL), up 29.6%, Uranium Energy Corporation (UEC), up 21.8%, and China Precision Steel (CPSL), up 11.1%. ArcelorMittal, together with its subsidiaries, operates as an integrated steel and mining company worldwide. ArcelorMittal has a market cap of $21.42 billion and is part of the basic materials sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 15.2, below the average metals & mining industry P/E ratio of 26.9 and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 23.6% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Currently there are five analysts that rate ArcelorMittal a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and one rates it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates ArcelorMittal as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth and good cash flow from operations. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself, deteriorating net income and disappointing return on equity.
- You can view the full ArcelorMittal Ratings Report.
- Use our metals & mining section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about MT
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV