Cisco Systems (CSCO) pushed the Computer Hardware industry higher today making it today's featured computer hardware winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.4%. By the end of trading, Cisco Systems rose 18 cents (1.1%) to $17.10 on average volume. Throughout the day, 40.1 million shares of Cisco Systems exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 43.6 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $16.93-$17.17 after having opened the day at $16.97 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $16.92. Other companies within the Computer Hardware industry that increased today were: Echelon Corporation (ELON), up 9.6%, Brocade Communications Systems (BRCD), up 8.1%, Mitek Systems (MITK), up 7.3%, and Immersion Corporation (IMMR), up 6%. Cisco Systems, Inc. designs, manufactures, and sells Internet protocol (IP)-based networking and other products related to the communications and information technology industry worldwide. Cisco Systems has a market cap of $89.22 billion and is part of the technology sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 12.2, equal to the average computer hardware industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 10.8% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Currently there are 17 analysts that rate Cisco Systems a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 14 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Cisco Systems as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, revenue growth, attractive valuation levels, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and growth in earnings per share. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity.
- You can view the full Cisco Systems Ratings Report.
- Use our computer hardware section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about CSCO
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV