E.I. Du Pont De Nemours & Company (DD): Today's Featured Chemicals Winner
E.I. du Pont de Nemours & Company (DD) pushed the Chemicals industry higher today making it today's featured chemicals winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1%. By the end of trading, E.I. du Pont de Nemours & Company rose 69 cents (1.4%) to $50.24 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 7.3 million shares of E.I. du Pont de Nemours & Company exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 4.8 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $49.57-$50.35 after having opened the day at $49.87 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $49.55. Other companies within the Chemicals industry that increased today were: Clean Diesel Technologies (CDTI), up 7.6%, Flexible Solutions International (FSI), up 7.4%, China Green Agriculture (CGA), up 6.2%, and TPC Group (TPCG), up 5.2%. E. I. du Pont de Nemours and Company operates as a science and technology based company worldwide. Its Agriculture segment provides hybrid corn and soybean seeds, and grains under the Pioneer brand name; and herbicides, fungicides, and insecticides. E.I. du Pont de Nemours & Company has a market cap of $46.02 billion and is part of the basic materials sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 13.2, equal to the average chemicals industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 3.4% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Currently there are 11 analysts that rate E.I. du Pont de Nemours & Company a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and five rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates E.I. du Pont de Nemours & Company as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, notable return on equity, expanding profit margins, increase in net income and growth in earnings per share. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally poor debt management on most measures that we evaluated.
- You can view the full E.I. du Pont de Nemours Ratings Report.
- Use our chemicals section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV