Royal Dutch Shell PLC ADR (RDS.B) pushed the Basic Materials sector higher today making it today's featured basic materials winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 1.3%. By the end of trading, Royal Dutch Shell PLC ADR rose $1.35 (2%) to $68.83 on average volume. Throughout the day, 765,379 shares of Royal Dutch Shell PLC ADR exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 850,900 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $68.25-$68.93 after having opened the day at $68.39 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $67.48. Other companies within the Basic Materials sector that increased today were: China Gerui Advanced Materials Group (CHOP), up 33.2%, ATP Oil & Gas (ATPG), up 29.8%, Atlatsa Resources (ATL), up 29.6%, and Uranium Energy Corporation (UEC), up 21.8%. Royal Dutch Shell plc operates as an oil and gas company worldwide. The company explores for and extracts crude oil and natural gas. Royal Dutch Shell PLC ADR has a market cap of $212.82 billion and is part of the energy industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 8.5, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 16.4% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. TheStreet Ratings rates Royal Dutch Shell PLC ADR as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, attractive valuation levels, good cash flow from operations, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins.
- You can view the full Royal Dutch Shell PLC ADR Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about RDS.B
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV