Team of the Year Award Recognizes CounterPath Team Members' Contributions to Company's Overall Success and to Innovation in the Telecommunications Industry
VANCOUVER, June 15, 2012 /PRNewswire/ - CounterPath Corporation (TSX-V: CCV) (OTCBB: CPAH) an award-winning provider of desktop and mobile VoIP software products and solutions, today announced it was honored by the British Columbia Technology Industry Association (BCTIA) with a 2012 Technology Impact Award (TIA) in the category Team of the Year. The award was presented at the TIAs event held last night at the Vancouver Convention Centre.
CounterPath partnered with Rogers to help develop Rogers One Number™, an innovative service that allows Canadians to extend their Rogers wireless number to their computer using a web-based softphone portal - an industry first. To meet the challenge, CounterPath's team of highly skilled development and quality assurance (QA) engineers, graphic designers, and product marketing and documentation specialists worked with several industry leaders on this large, integrated project. The Rogers One Number service was launched in February, 2012.
"We are honored to receive the BCTIA Team of the Year award and we are extremely proud of everyone at CounterPath who helped bring the Rogers One Number project to fruition," said Donovan Jones, President and CEO of CounterPath. "This project represents the new world of telecommunications that is indicative of what operators need to do in order to be competitive in a marketplace threatened by Skype and other Internet over-the-top services, and it has created a call to action for other operators worldwide who are recognizing that to stay relevant, they have to adapt. It has been a fantastic experience working with the Rogers team and we look forward to our continued partnership."For more information about CounterPath, visit www.counterpath.com. ###
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV