8 Stocks Rising on Unusual Volume
Portfolio Recovery Associates
Portfolio Recovery Associates (PRAA) is engaged in the detection, collection and processing of both unpaid and normal-course accounts receivable originally owed to credit grantors, governments, retailers and others. This stock is trading up 4% at $75.87 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 121,000Average Volume: 108,277 Volume % Change: 107%. From a technical perspective, PRAA is moving sharply higher here with above average volume. This move has now pushed PRAA into major breakout territory since the stock has taken out some near-term overhead resistance at $74 to $74.97. Traders should continue to look for long-biased trades as long as PRAA is trending above $74 to $74.97 with strong upside volume flows. I would consider any upside volume day that registers near or above 108,277 shares as bullish. If we continue to see that action, then PRAA should easily re-test its next significant overhead resistance levels at $82.50 to $85. To see more stocks rising on unusual volume, check out the Stocks Rising On Unusual Volume portfolio on Stockpickr. -- Written by Roberto Pedone in Winderemere, Fla.
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV