Costco Wholesale (COST),with its subsidiaries, operates membership warehouses that offer its members low prices on a limited selection of branded and selected private-label products in a range of merchandise categories. This stock is trading up 1% at $90.75 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 1.95 millionAverage Volume: 2.3 million Volume % Change: 57%. From a technical perspective, COST is bouncing a bit here right off some near-term support at $90 with decent volume. This move is quickly pushing COST within range of triggering a major breakout trade. That trade will hit once COST takes out some near-term overhead resistance at $91.80 with high-volume. At last check, COST has hit an intraday high of $91.64 and volume is just a bit under its three-month average action of 2.3 million shares. Traders should now look for long-biased trades if COST can sustain a move or close above $91.80 with volume that's near or above 2.3 million shares. If we get that action today or soon, then COST will enter new all-time high territory and likely tag $100 or higher very soon. As of the most recently reported quarter, Costco was one of Warren Buffett's stocks.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV