8 Stocks Rising on Unusual Volume
Costco Wholesale (COST),with its subsidiaries, operates membership warehouses that offer its members low prices on a limited selection of branded and selected private-label products in a range of merchandise categories. This stock is trading up 1% at $90.75 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 1.95 millionAverage Volume: 2.3 million Volume % Change: 57%. From a technical perspective, COST is bouncing a bit here right off some near-term support at $90 with decent volume. This move is quickly pushing COST within range of triggering a major breakout trade. That trade will hit once COST takes out some near-term overhead resistance at $91.80 with high-volume. At last check, COST has hit an intraday high of $91.64 and volume is just a bit under its three-month average action of 2.3 million shares. Traders should now look for long-biased trades if COST can sustain a move or close above $91.80 with volume that's near or above 2.3 million shares. If we get that action today or soon, then COST will enter new all-time high territory and likely tag $100 or higher very soon. As of the most recently reported quarter, Costco was one of Warren Buffett's stocks.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV