8 Stocks Rising on Unusual Volume
MWI Veterinary Supply
MWI Veterinary Supply (MWIV) is a distributor animal health products to veterinarians across the U.S. and the U.K. This stock is trading up 2.8% at $97.46 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 79,000Average Volume: 65,717 Volume % Change: 145% From a technical perspective, MWIV is ripping higher here on above-average volume, and the stock has entered breakout territory with shares now above some near-term overhead resistance at $94.99. Traders should continue to look for long-biased trades as long as MWIV is trending above $94.99 to today's low of $94.94 with strong upside volume flows. I would consider any upside volume day that registers near or above 65,717 shares as bullish. If we continue to see that action, then WMIV has a great chance of re-testing and possibly taking out its May high of $100.64.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV