Another stock that's trading within range of a breakout trade is major drugs player Achillion Pharmaceuticals (ACHN), a biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery, development and commercialization of treatments for infectious diseases. This stock is off to slow start in 2012, with shares off by around 13%.
If you take a look at the chart for Achillion Pharmaceuticals, you'll notice that this stock has been downtrending for the past six months, with shares dropping from a high of $12.46 to a recent low of $5.78 a share. During that move lower, shares of Achillion Pharmaceuticals have mostly made lower highs and lower lows, which is bearish technical price action. That said, during the last month and change, this stock has found buying interest near $6 a share and selling resistance near $7.60 a share.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV