One communications services player that's trading within range of a near-term breakout trade is Lumos Networks (LMOS), a fiber-based service provider in the Mid-Atlantic region. The company provides data, broadband, voice and Internet protocol services over fiber optic network. This stock is off to a bearish start in 2012, with shares off by over 30%.
If you take a look at the chart for Lumos Networks, you'll see that this stock was stuck in a nasty downtrend from the start of this year until May. During that downtrend, shares of Lumos Networks plunged from a high of $17.32 to a recent low of $7.65 a share. As this stock made that large plunge, shares of Lumos Networks consistently made lower highs and lower lows, which is bearish technical price action. That said, this stock has stopped that downtrend for the past two months, with shares making higher lows and now trading into position to trigger a breakout trade.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV