The S&P 500 was gaining more than 6 points, or 0.46%, to 1,335.
Shares of International Game Technology lost 3.17% to $14.64. The stock gained 14% on Thursday to close to $14.15 on news the company plans to buy back $1 billion of stock. On Friday, the stock received an upgrade to neutral from underperform from analysts at Bank of America Merrill Lynch.
"Our Underperform rating on IGT was largely predicated on poor capital allocation (Double Down and R&D investments) but we see signs of both improving capital allocation and improving capital discipline," Bank of America Merrill Lynch analysts wrote in a report Friday. "Together, these are likely to set a floor for shares, and with valuation still low, we upgrade from Underperform to Neutral."International Game Technology trades at an estimated price-to-earnings ratio for next year of 16.99 times; the average among its peers is 16.72. Fourteen of the 23 analysts who cover International Game Technology rated it buy. Eight analysts gave the stock a hold rating and one rated it sell. The stock has fallen 14.94% year to date. -- Written by Alexandra Zendrian
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Alexandra Zendrian >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to Alexandra Zendrian.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV