Prior to his death, Steve Jobs helped President Obama and his staff by providing advice on how to best utilize mobile technology and social networks, according to Buisinessweek.
The Apple co-founder spoke with Jim Messina, who was Obama's White House deputy chief of staff, about how to best utilize technology. Messina is currently Obama's campaign manager.
Even as Qualcomm begins to ramp up production of its 4G LTE chips for the next iPhone, though, demand for the next-gen phone might be slow, one analyst says, citing its upgrade cycle. BTIG analyst Walter Piecyk believes that because of the upgrade cycle, those who purchased the iPhone 4S may not switch to the iPhone 5, pointing to comments by AT&T (T) Wireless CEO Ralph de la Vega at a recent analyst meeting. "We then further questioned de la Vega on whether the impending launch of the iPhone 5 would cause AT&T to offer a tiered early upgrade fee option for customers that were deeper into their contract to perhaps deliver an effective $350 price point into the market and de la Vega flatly said no," Piecyk wrote, in his research report. Piecyk rates Apple shares "neutral." Shares of Apple are rising slightly in Friday trade, up 0.05% to $571.81. Interested in more on Apple? See TheStreet Ratings' report card for this stock. Check out our new tech blog, Tech Trends. Follow TheStreet Tech on your wireless devices. --Written by Chris Ciaccia in New York >Contact by Email. Follow @Commodity_Bull
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV