New Dividend: 36 cents quarterly (per share)
Dividend Percent Increase: 20%Current Yield: 2.47% Retail giant Target (TGT) is having a solid year in 2012. Total returns year-to-date have come in at 14.6%, vastly outperforming the small increase in value that the S&P 500 has managed to eke out. And the firm is increasing shareholder returns even more thanks to a 20% dividend hike that brings its yield to 2.47%. Target has been making some big changes in the last few years. The firm's entrance into the grocery business has the potential to dramatically impact the firm's operations, diluting net margins while improving top line and bottom line numbers on an absolute basis. Again, here's a stock whose dividend hike I talked about last month. Surprise or no, 6 cents is a solid payout increase for the retailer. Target also shows up on a list of 5 Buy-Rated Stocks Outyielding the 10-Year.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV