New Dividend: 53.5 cents quarterly (per share)
Dividend Percent Increase: 11.5%Current Yield: 2.57% First up is United Technologies (UTX), a $68 billion manufacturing conglomerate that announced an 11.5% dividend increase on Wednesday, ratcheting the firm's payout to 53.5 cents per quarter -- a 2.57% dividend yield at current price levels. UTX owns a diverse portfolio of brands that ranges from Carrier air conditioners to Sikorsky helicopters, positioning that benefits the firm when capital spending is high. Despite cyclical headwinds, UTX has still managed to grow revenue in each of the last three years. UTX's dividend hike wasn't a complete surprise -- it was one of the industrial stocks I expected to hike payouts earlier this month. Still, the announcement is a welcome addition for shareholders who are looking for bigger income checks. As of the most recently reported period, UTX was one of the top holdings at Daniel Loeb's Third Point.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV