The 12-month average price target set by analysts for COP is almost $65. That's 18% higher than its current price, and if this comes to pass and you add in the almost 5% dividend yield, it may be reasonable to anticipate a total-return of around 23%.
For diversification's sake, and if you like the idea of buying low while still earning a generous dividend, consider a resource-based royalty trust like Cross Timbers (CRT).
With its current 7% yield (paid monthly) and trading close to the bottom of its 52-week range, CRT is worth looking at, especially when you consider that it has no debt and boasts a trailing-12-month Return on Assets of 74% and a magnificent 131% Return on Equity.
Cross Timbers Royalty Trust
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV