LAKE SUCCESS, N.Y., June 15, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Astoria Federal Savings has announced the 12 winners of its 8th annual Teen Photo Contest, open to 13 to 19 year olds. Earlier this year, teens were encouraged to use their cameras and creative approaches to capture the theme, "Eye on Style: People, Fashion and Trends." The photo entries ranged from stylish portraits that captured people in unique settings to stylized close-up shots. More than 1,700 entries were submitted by students of 85 high schools in Nassau, Suffolk, Queens, Brooklyn and Westchester.
"We received a record number of entries this year and were impressed with the caliber of the photos," said Astoria Federal Executive Vice President and Managing Director, Retail Banking Group Brian Edwards. "Each reflected the theme in unique ways. Clearly there's a lot of talent out there and we are happy to be able to recognize and reward several of these young artists."
The annual contest is one of the many ways Astoria Federal is committed to its Education First initiative to promote lifelong learning in the communities it serves. "Whether we are helping youngsters develop financial literacy or fostering teenagers' creative expression, we actively support education at every age level," Edwards said. The winning photographers each won a $250 cash prize, while their schools benefited with a $100 grant for their art teachers' classroom use.This year's winners are: Hayley Hoffman from Ardsley High School, Ben Alfonso from Floral Park Memorial High School, Megi Brahimaj and Joyce Lin from Forest Hills High School, Marie Coneys from Huntington High School, Francois Edmond from John Dewey High School, Marissa Nardino and Jacquelyn McCartin from Eastern Suffolk BOCES, Alyssa Hill from Northport High School, Trevor Munch from Ward Melville High School, Justin Cristando from Syosset High School and Anna Simos from Shoreham-Wading River High School.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV