XINYU CITY, China and MUNICH, June 15, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- LDK Solar Co., Ltd. (NYSE: LDK) ("LDK Solar") a leading vertically integrated manufacturer of photovoltaic (PV) products, together with its partner Solarif, a fully mandated underwriter of HDI Gerling for PV insurance, are the first companies to introduce a unique insurance solution at the system level. LDK Solar announced the new 'Secure' offer at Intersolar Europe, the world's largest solar industry exhibition taking place in Munich from the 13th – 15th of June.
LDK Solar Secure provides customers with a complete insurance package combining an operational 'All Risk Insurance' with a warranty and inherent defect insurance. It includes a full backup of LDK Solar Product and Power Warranties on PV modules. Additionally, the embedded All Risk Insurance applies to all other components of the PV system.
The insurance package is covered by HDI Gerling, an A+ rated insurance company and one of the largest German insurers of property and casualty. As an independent third party, Solarif completed a successful audit of LDK Solar's manufacturing process and product quality.
LDK Solar Secure insures a qualified warranty claim for any case and includes the following advantages:
- 100% coverage of all sold products on the European continent without hidden limited coverage;
- 100% transparent policy conditions for easy check by banks or other interested parties;
- Solarif audited and certified LDK Solar product quality reinforcing bankability and bank financing;
- Compensation of production loss during warranty exchange period; and
- Coverage of labor and transportation costs for module replacement of valid warranty claim.